Terms and Conditions
The small print..
- Minimum number for each package is 10 people
- A set up fee will be applied to your package, this varies based your event and will be discussed with you personally
- We will require proof of address and all hirers must be over 18.
- Hire waitress service, cost £10.00 p/h per waiting staff from the Elm Team
- The hired items remain the property of Elm Vintage Teas at all times and are the responsibility of the hirer throughout the duration of hire.
- We want you to be entirely happy with your package, so orders can be, within reason, amended up to seven days before your event. We will try to accommodate any changes but regrettably these cannot always be guaranteed.
- All wording and images on our website and other social media are copyrighted to us.
- We would be very happy if you would allow us to photograph the styling of your event, in the hope of using them on our website and to show prospective clients. If, however you would rather we didn’t please let us know.
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total event value will be required at the time of booking to secure the date. Once received we will confirm your order in writing (this will be done via email if email address is provided to us).
- The remaining balance must be paid 30 days prior to the date of the event. If this is not received the booking will not be able to proceed and any deposit will not be refunded. Payment terms will feature on your invoice.
- All cancellations, must be confirmed in writing (email is accepted but you must receive confirmation email from us for the cancellation to be valid). In the event of cancellation the follow refunds will be made (refund amounts DO NOT include the 50% deposit taken) based on notice period given:
- Up to 7 days before event no refund will be given
- 14 days before event 50%
- 15 to 30 days before event 75%
- 31+ days before event 100%
- (Example: Total booking fee £400, event is cancelled 14 days before event you will receive £100 in way of a refund)
- Exceptions: Payment in full is required on booking if:
- Total amount is £125 or under
- Event date is less than 30 days from booking date
- Payment is to be paid by bank transfer, or if agreed, by cash or cheque.
Delivery, Set-Up & Collection
- 45pence per mile from Bere Regis, Dorset (plus travel time at £10 per hour).
Any other business
- All our items are authentic and not reproduction. Our collection contains a mixture of individual vintage pieces, mismatched china and tableware whereby an eclectic look is promoted.
- Due to the age of the crockery there may be slight wear on the gilt edges and silver plating and our linen may have an occasional ageing blemish. If linens are returned after hire with unreasonable stains we will have to deduct replacement costs from your deposit.
- Please handle all items belonging to Elm Vintage Teas with the utmost care. As collection and washing up from the event is included in the cost, we would request only that debris be removed from crockery, glassware and cutlery and then left to the Elm Team to pack away to transport safely. Similarly, due to their age and delicate nature, and to prevent any damage, please under no circumstances use a dishwasher.
- Due to their age, all teapots and cake-stands should be supported underneath to prevent any unfortunate accidents from occurring. We find a saucer under the teapot and holding the cake stand from the bottom plate will help.
- At no time do Elm Vintage Teas accept liability in the event of any injury or damage caused by our hired items, however they are caused. They are hired entirely at your own risk.
- Elm has public liability insurance, first aid training, food hygiene certificates and complies with all the current health and safety requirements
- By making a booking with Elm Vintage Teas you are in agreement with our Terms and Conditions set out above
- Whilst we have strict controls in place to reduce the risk of contamination, unfortunately it is not possible for us to guarantee that our dishes will be 100% allergen free.
- We aim to ensure that the information contained on this site is true and accurate, however, we cannot give any warranty to that effect. We cannot be responsible for the consequences of reliance on that information. However, this disclaimer is not intended to affect your statutory rights.